Mother’s Day (May 8th this year) is quickly approaching, and with it, the pressure of finding just the right gift to show mom how much you appreciate her.
Of course, there’s always the tried-and-true houseplant or spring bouquet, but why not treat mom to something extra special? A weekend getaway to the beautiful White Lake area!
Mom will love Spring in the White Lake Area
Spring is the perfect time to head to the twin cities of Montague and Whitehall on the Lake Michigan shore. Take the scenic route and you’ll be able to experience in the beautiful rolling orchards that are blooming this time of year, the greening landscapes, and the return of wildlife.
Once here in White Lake, you’ll discover that the hustle and bustle of tourist season hasn’t yet picked up, but most of the quaint boutiques and treasured eateries are open for business. Take advantage of the relaxed slower pace and shorter lines while you can!
Enjoy quality one-on-one time with mom
Mothers are such a treasured presence in our lives. When we’re young, they devote a great deal of time and energy to our upbringing. As we become adults, moms often become our closest friends and confidantes. What greater gift than spending the weekend connecting with the woman who raised you?
The White Lake area offers so many opportunities to enjoy shared interests, whether that’s shopping the latest boutique fashions or hiking through a nature preserve. There are so many options to create a full weekend itinerary that you both will enjoy.
If you need some ideas, however, we’ve compiled a list below.
Top 10 activities to enjoy this Mother’s Day in White Lake
- Explore the clothing and home décor shops in downtown Montague and Whitehall
- Attend the 2nd Annual Spring Extravaganza at the Garden Shed
- Discover one of the local rustic hiking trails or nature preserves (Flower Creek Dunes Nature Preserve, Anderson Woods Nature Preserve, and Clear Springs Nature Preserve are among the local favorites)
- Browse a local greenhouse for botanical treasures
- Shop for art at the Nuveen Center or one of the other local galleries
- Treat yourself to a nice meal with a view
- Walk or ride on the Hart-Montague Bike Trail (bikes are available to rent locally)
- Raise a glass at Sawyers Brewing Company or Fetch Brewing, our popular local craft brewers
- Find a good read at our beloved indie bookstore and coffee shop
- Watch the sunset on White Lake from your lakeside room at the Weathervane Inn
If you’d like more information about any of these activities, our friendly and accommodating staff always here to help.
Unwind after a full day
After a day spent exploring White Lake, you and mom will need comfortable accommodations to return to. The Weathervane Inn offers the coziest modern rooms with the best views in the area. You’ll both love our modern amenities including in-room fireplaces, large Jacuzzi tubs, and the option of a balcony overlooking White Lake or a full kitchenette to prepare simple meals.