If you love the quaint and cozy vibes of small-town Hallmark holiday movie settings, you’ll adore the White Lake area this time of year! Maybe it’s the beauty of the first West Michigan snow or maybe it’s the charming seasonal décor adorning downtown storefronts. Either way, we’d love to welcome you for the week, or just the weekend.
Getting in the Holiday Spirit
Currently, the cities of Montague and Whitehall are hard at work, transforming themselves into a festive destination in honor of the upcoming White Lake Area Annual Holiday Walk that will be taking place on Friday, November 17th and Saturday, November 18th.
What is the White Lake Holiday Walk?
If you haven’t participated in the White Lake Area Annual Holiday Walk, you’re in for a treat! This wonderful community event, sponsored by the local chamber of commerce, encourages participants to explore the unique shops in the downtown areas of Montague and Whitehall on foot—or by trolley or carriage ride.
Visitors will enjoy taking advantage of special deals and giveaways, participating in fun activities, and indulging in delicious treats from dozens of local businesses. Browse the list below of some of our favorite local gems that will be participating in the event.
White Lake Area Annual Holiday Walk 2022 Participating Businesses:
- The Book Nook & Java Shop (Montague) – Make your own s’mores
- Candy Beach: (Whitehall) – Drawings and giveaways
- Fetch Brewing Co. (Whitehall) – Free cookie decorating on Friday, plus a discount on merchandise
- Figgs Boutique (Montague) – 15% off entire store
- The Gnarly Heifer(Whitehall) – Popcorn bar and gift certificate deals
- Pitkin Drug & Gift Shoppe (Whitehall) – Raffles + gift card prizes
- Pub One Eleven (Whitehall) – Drink specials and a hot cocoa bar
- The VintageSalon (Montague) – Raffles on Friday and discount on salon retail products
- WaterDog Outfitters (Whitehall) – 15% off entire store plus 5% off any kayak or ebike
- White Lake Greenhouse (Whitehall) – 20% off Christmas trim and giftware
To see a complete list of participating businesses, visit the White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce website.
Bells on Bobtail Rings
If walking isn’t your style, local businesses are kindly sponsoring free carriage and trolley rides along the lighted streets of downtown Montague and Whitehall. Bring your sweetheart and enjoy an evening carriage ride on Friday, November 18 from 5:00-8:00pm, or explore the twin cities by trolley on Saturday, November 19, from 11:00am-3:00pm.
A Made in Michigan Christmas
Looking for the perfect, one-of-a-kind Christmas gift? During the Holiday Walk event, local art space and gallery, the ACWL Nuveen Center, will be hosting regional artisans as part of their Made in Michigan Market. You’ll also be able to browse their typical gallery faire as well a make something for yourself with their make-and-take ornament activity in the rear of the venue.
Can’t make the Holiday Walk? No Worries!
We get it; the holiday season is hectic. Can’t make the Holiday Walk the 17th or 18th? No worries! The White Lake area has plenty to do all season long. Regardless of events, our rooms have a cozy fireplace to unwind at, beautiful scenery to explore, and wonderful restaurants to enjoy. Learn more about what White Lake has to offer.