The third annual West Michigan Wine & Jazz Festival is almost here!
Local, state, and national musicians will be featured at this festival, which will last from Thursday, June 29th until Tuesday, July 4th.
As you’ll see in the schedule below, there are various types of live jazz events each day. And each event is paired with a drinking or dining experience.
The daily Jazz & Java event, for example, is a free performance held nearly every morning of the festival where you can enjoy some great brew and an intimate concert of live jazz.
Then there’s the larger events, like the Steak & Martini Cabaret on Sunday evening, for example. These events require tickets and feature gourmet food and drink along with a live concert.
All events will be held at The Book Nook & Java Shop in downtown Montague except the finale on July 4th, which will be at the Montague Band Shell. The finale will feature a live concert by the Lakeshore Big Band followed by a big show of fireworks over White Lake.
Here are the addresses for the events:
The Book Nook & Java Shop
8744 Ferry Street
Montague MI 49437
Montague Band Shell
8636 Water Street
Montague, MI 49437
To plan your trip, check out the artist lineup!
THURSDAY, JUNE 29
- 7pm Jazz Night – Checkers Morton – $5
FRIDAY, JUNE 30
- 10am Jazz & Java – Green on Blue Quartet – Free (suggested cover $5)
- 6pm Wine Tasting – Matthew Ball Boogie Woogie – $15 (includes wine tasting)
- 8pm Showcase – Gene Knific Trio – $15
SATURDAY, JULY 1
- 10am Jazz & Java – Mike Frost Duo – Free (suggested cover $5)
- 6pm Wine Tasting – Talking Ear – $15 (includes wine tasting)
- 8pm Showcase – Xavier Davis Trios – $15
SUNDAY, JULY 2
- 10am Music & Mimosas Brunch – Dot Org Jazz Organ Trio – $15 (includes brunch)
- 6pm Steak & Martini Cabaret – Daniel Solberg – $40 (includes dinner & martini)
MONDAY, JULY 3
- 10am Java & Jazz – Molly Konzen Jazz Band – Free (suggested cover $5)
- 8pm Student Showcase – Blue Lake Students – Free (suggested cover $5)
TUESDAY, JULY 4
- 10am Bloody’s and Blues – Feral Cats – Free (suggested cover $5)
- 8pm Pre-Fireworks – Lakeshore Big Band – Free (suggested cover $5)
How to Get Your Tickets
For evening Happy Hour and dinner concerts, tickets can be purchased online here. You can also buy a complete festival pass that’s good for all events except the Steak & Martini Cabaret (July 2) for $60.
For more general information about the festival, check out the official website here, where you can also read about the wineries that will be featured at some of the festival events.
About The Book Nook & Java Shop
Since 2002, The Book Nook & Java Shop has been providing a warm and inviting place for friends to meet in downtown Montague. Hosting everything from “Open Mic” and trivia nights to best-selling author events and large undertakings like The Wine & Jazz Fest, The Book Nook is a hub of art and culture in our small corner of West Michigan.
About the White Lake Area
White Lake is an area made up of two sister towns: Whitehall and Montague. The two communities are connected by a bridge that extends across the White River and runs into White Lake — and by extension, Lake Michigan.
The entire West Michigan area is perfect for all kinds of visitors and boasts thousands of tourists from Grand Rapids, Flint, Lansing, and beyond each year. Adventure-seekers enjoy the many trails and paths that wind along the coast as well as the numerous things to do on Lake Michigan and local rivers and inland lakes.
But even if you’re not an “adventure-seeker,” there’s lots of other things to spark your interest here as well. Museums, theaters, adventure parks, animal petting zoos, shopping, and great dining are all over the White Lake area! And of course, no one can resist a beautiful sunset over Lake Michigan (there’s one every night!).