Friends Night Out in White Lake
When’s the last time your group of friends spent some real quality time together? A night out perhaps? Or even a weekend getaway?
Now’s the perfect time to get out of the city and head up north to White Lake for a friendcation you’ll never forget. Where to stay? The Weathervane Inn is the perfect place!
Here’s how to plan your friends getaway and make the most of what beautiful White Lake has to offer!
The Perfect Escape for Your Next Friendcation
Some friends come and go, but there are a few who stick by your side. While often, we spend time planning excursions and making memories with family, how often do you take the time to cultivate your true friendships?
If your answer is not often, it’s time to start planning a getaway that’s just for you and the girls.
So, how do you arrange this thing? We’re glad you asked! Here’s what to do:
1. Pick your dates.
We know, we know — it’s never easy making plans when everyone’s so busy, let alone overnight plans. But if you’re crafty, it’s possible!
Our suggestion? Just pick 3 or 4 optional dates that work for you, then email your friends to hopefully find a time that works for everyone’s schedule.
2. Decide how to get here.
Whether you and your pals live in Lansing, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Holland, Flint, or beyond, getting to White Lake is a pretty straight shot. Just take the Whitehall/Montague Exit off of Highway US-31 and head west! You’ll run right into us. Head here for more precise directions.
In terms of parking, at The Weathervane Inn, we offer free parking right next to our lakeside hotel, so if everyone wants to drive, that’s not a problem!
3. Plan your fun!
Or don’t plan it … sometimes, it’s best just to wing it! Your fun might be all about sipping wine or coffee, eating yummy food, and talking and laughing until your stomachs hurt — if that’s your idea of a great time, super — we’ve totally got you covered:
- Dining Out in White Lake
- Pekadill’s in Whitehall offers homemade soups, salads, and sandwiches in a charming storefront. Don’t forget to save room for a hot fudge sundae or hand-packed ice cream for dessert.
- Crosswinds on the Lake is perfect for a fine dining experience, featuring beautiful views of White Lake and a full menu of delicious fare.
- Old Channel Inn is located on Lake Michigan and has been a dining destination for White Lake visitors since 1930! Choose from their extensive menu of delectable dishes, and don’t forget a glass of wine or craft cocktail.
- Many other dining options abound in White Lake. Check our dining page for more options.
- Drinks on the Town in Whitehall or Montague
- Chamber Sports Bar
- Wayside Bar & Grille
- Fetch Brewing
- Pub One Eleven
- The Book Nook & Java Shop & Best Cellars Wine Bar
- Treats & Munchies for Your Hotel Room: You’re in luck. Right across the street from The Weathervane Inn is Montague Foods, an excellent, super-clean, super-stocked grocery store that has everything from wine, beer, and a deli to scrumptious breads, snacks, produce, and more. Keep in mind we also feature kitchens in several of our guest rooms.
- Morning Coffee: Naturally, for that first cup of joe while you’re still in PJs, there’s a coffee pot and coffee in every guest room. If a coffee shop is what you’re looking for, we recommend taking the quick 5-minute walk from our lakeside inn to The Book Nook & Java Shop.
Looking for more activities? We’ve got ‘em! Depending on your interests, we’ve rounded up some fun things you can do with friends in the White Lake area:
- Outdoor Activities
- See our shopping page for our best retail therapy options in White Lake!
4. Make it a tradition.
Now that you’ve scheduled your first friendcation, make it an annual tradition!
Start Planning Your Friend Getaway Today!
Whether it’s three days long, a short weekend, or just one night, spending quality time with friends is essential — and The Weathervane Inn is the perfect setting. While our locality in White Lake is not too small, we’re also not so big that you’ll feel crowded or rushed while you’re here. It’s ideal for a mini-vacation that will make lasting memories.
Ready to book? Your vacation starts here — We hope to welcome you soon!Book Now