Have the winter blues? We have a cure!
Making plans that depend on snow during a Michigan Winter can be difficult, especially during this fairly mild winter. Well, the snow is back and when it comes to thinking up fun things to do in the wintertime, many people go straight to warm fires, cozy blankets, homemade cookies and a great book.
Likewise, getting in a good workout in the winter seems to be all about the indoor activities. In places like Grand Rapids, Holland and Kalamazoo, gyms say their memberships skyrocket, and fitness classes are constantly packed.
Of course, we all stay inside most of the time when the flakes are flying outside … that’s normal. But there are certainly reasons to spend more time outdoors as well. Not only is it important to get fresh air and vitamin D from the sun, but studies show you’ll feel happier and more energized when you get outside on a regular basis.
So what’s the best answer to getting outdoors, having fun and getting in some exercise? Outdoor winter sports of course!
The Montague area has an abundance of great outdoor related activities you and your partner can enjoy together. Here is a list of a few things to enjoy in the White Lake Area.
- Cross-Country Skiing or Snowshoeing – Montague is home to one of Michigan’s great rural rail-trails. The Hart-Montague Trail offers 22-miles of paved trail, great for walking, biking, or in this case, cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Lake Michigan – White Lake (where our inn is located) flows directly into Lake Michigan. Bundle up and visit some of the local beaches for a peaceful walk along the lake. In the winter, the ice configurations on the lake can change drastically from week to week, so it’s always a new and beautiful scene.
- Snowmobiling – There are tons of great trails for snowmobiling around the While Lake area—175 well-marked miles, to be exact! Bring your snowmobile and experience the beauty of our area.
- Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding – Several places in the area, like Mulligan’s Hollow in Muskegon, offer excellent downhill skiing and snowboarding. Rentals are available on location.
- Shopping & Dining – Our Weathervane Inn is nestled between the picturesque communities of Whitehall and Montague. Both areas feature excellent places to eat or grab drinks, and there’s also lots of great shopping in the area as well.
- Movies & Theater – When the weather’s too wicked to ski, skate or sled, take in a film at NorthStar Cinema in Whitehall, or checkout the lineup of plays and musical performances at Whitehall’s own Historic Howmet Playhouse.
Scheduling Your Visit
Are you ready to get outside and experience a great Michigan winter? It’s as easy as booking your stay in at our White Lake hotel. Every year, The Weathervane Inn welcomes folks from all over Michigan, including Grand Rapids, Lansing, Flint and beyond. We’d love to welcome you too!
And if you’re looking for a weekend getaway with your sweetheart, our inn makes the perfect romantic getaway. Our lakeview rooms are especially wonderful and always get rave reviews from guests. Depending on which suite you choose, there are a number of fantastic amenities to be had, from Jacuzzi tubs and balconies to your own private kitchen and in-room fireplaces. And of course, all of our rooms have free Wi-Fi, brand new LCD televisions and DVD players, coffee makers and microwaves. Plus, each morning, we provide a delightful complimentary continental breakfast.
To book your room at The Weathervane Inn today, it’s as simple as heading to our website and filling out the registration form at the top of the page.
See you soon!Book Now