Upcoming Events at The Howmet
At The Weathervane Inn, we are lucky to be so near many of the best landmarks and special sites in the White Lake area. Both Montague and Whitehall have a number important historical establishments that you simply can’t miss when you visit. One of our favorite locations in Whitehall is The Howmet Playhouse.
Not every community is blessed enough to have such a unique landmark in their midst, and The Howmet is truly exceptional. This spring, they have announced a number of wonderful events, including both live musical performances and classic, favorite films.
Upcoming Events at The Howmet – Spring 2016
- Saturday, March 26 – * Film: Casablanca (1942)
- Saturday, April 9 – * Film: Matilda (1996)
- Saturday, April 23 – Musical Performance: Neal Jacobs
- Friday, April 29 & Saturday, April 30 – Musical Performance: Echoes of Pink Floyd
- Saturday, May 7 – Musical Performance: 9th Annual White Lake Blues Fest
- Saturday, May 21 – * Film: Mary Poppins (1964)
- Friday, June 25 – Musical Performance: Bob Milne
* FREE event!
About The Howmet Playhouse
The stage of the 100-year-old Historic Howmet Playhouse has seen some of the finest actors, musicians, comedians, and other performers from both the White Lake community and around the nation.
Built in 1916 by James Nufer, a local businessman, and Frank R. Adams, a famed director from Chicago, the playhouse was originally designed to facilitate both live performances and the very first motion picture films of the 1920s. The theater did just that up until 1973, when it was purchased by the nearby Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp (BLFAC). The camp was backed in purchasing the theater by the Howmet Corporation as well as local fundraisers, and they operated it successfully until 2006, when it was taken over by the City of Whitehall.
Today, The Howmet Playhouse is more than just a historical landmark in Whitehall. It is a place for community members and visitors alike to come together in celebration of the arts. People of all ages and backgrounds enjoy engaging in music, acting, comedy and more on the theater’s famous stage. That same stage has welcomed some of the top entertainers in the nation to perform upon it, and as a community, we hope these valued traditions continue for many years to come.
Buying Your Theater Tickets
If you are interested in seeing a performance or showing at The Howmet Theater, you’ll of course need tickets! Just pick your event from the listing above, and use these tips for booking your seats.
Tickets for events September through June can be purchased:
At The City of Whitehall Box Office
- 405 E. Colby Avenue Whitehall, MI 49461
- Open: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
- Cash or check only
At The Howmet Box Office
- 304 S. Mears Avenue
Whitehall, MI 49461
- Open for ticket sales: 1 hour prior to scheduled event time
- Cash or check only
By Post: By sending a check to Whitehall City Hall
- 405 E. Colby AvenueWhitehall, MI 49461
- Make checks payable to: “Howmet Playhouse”
- Include a return address so the playhouse can send you your tickets.
Tickets for some events may be purchased online. If that’s the case for the event you are looking at, a “Buy Now” button will be present next to the event description at howmetplayhouse.org.
Keep in mind:
- Tickets from September through June cannot be reserved over the phone. Likewise, no tickets may be held for Will Call for these performances.
- All tickets (unless noted) are general admission.
- For questions or other inquiries, you may call The Howmet Playhouse at (231) 894-4048 or shoot them an email by filling out this form.
Booking Your Stay at The Weathervane Inn
As you figure out which event you’d like to attend at The Howmet, we invite you to also book your stay in town at our lovely lakeside hotel!
The Weathervane Inn is just a 5 minutes drive from The Howmet Theater. Or you might choose to take the 20 minute-walk, which will bring you across the White River Bridge with its beautiful views of White Lake, as well as through picturesque downtown Whitehall.
Seeing a show at The Howmet Theater is a great way for couples to spend a romantic evening together—lots of great eateries and bars in the area!—or you might consider going to a film showing or concert with your whole family. The warm and intimate atmosphere of the playhouse is sure to be welcoming to everyone.
And of course, here at The Weathervane Inn, we pride ourselves on being exceptionally warm and welcoming too! From our in-room Jacuzzis and fireplaces to our stunning views of the lake, we’re the perfect choice for your getaway to the White Lake area.
To book your stay with us, all you need to do is fill out the reservation form at the top of the page, or give us a call!
We can’t wait to see you soon—Happy Spring!Book Now