Fall Color Tour 2020Book Now
West Michigan Fall Foliage: When and Where to Visit
White Lake is incredibly beautiful this time of year. In October, when the leaves are just starting to reach their peak changing colors, the splendor of reds and golds is something you won’t want to miss.
We hope you can find time to enjoy the beauty of the fall season here in the White Lake Area. It’s the perfect opportunity to get away from the city and enjoy nature in all its glory. This year (2020), peak days to see the fall colors in the White Lake Area run from around October 5th to roughly October 15th.
Looking for the best way to enjoy the fall foliage?
While you can always make your own fall color tour by simply driving, biking, or walking wherever the wind takes you, West Michigan offers a unique prearranged tour as well. The Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour is a mapped-out route of the best vantage points to enjoy the foliage from.
Read on to find out more!
The 16th Annual Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour
Sponsored by the visitors bureaus of White Lake and Muskegon, The Annual Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour is a self-guided tour that runs from the White River Light Station in Whitehall to the Muskegon South Pierhead Light. The tour takes you along the most scenic stretches of West Michigan roadway. With your map at your side, you’ll be able to stop at your leisure at designated natural and historic sites.
When does the tour start?
The Depot to Depot Color Tour will take place:
- Saturday, October 3rd @ 8 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, October 10th @ 8 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, October 17th @ 8 am – 6 pm
- Saturday, October 24th @ 8 am – 6 pm
Changes Due to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, several changes have been made to the tour this year:
- The depots will not be open to pick up your maps on the designated Saturdays. You will, however, be able to pick up a map in an outdoor pick-up box at either depot (subject to change). Maps will also be available for download.
- In past years, Depot to Depot participants have traditionally had their tour maps stamped at each visited site, in order to be entered into the prize drawings. This year, however, contest entries will be gathered by social media check-ins. Simply use the hashtag #D2D20. The more check-ins you have, the more entries to win prizes.
- Refreshments, arts and crafts, and free pumpkins will not be offered this year.
To learn more about the event and for continued updates, visit the official Facebook page of the Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour 2020.
Where to Start the Tour
You can start the Depot to Depot Fall Color Tour in either Whitehall or Muskegon:
The Chamber Train Depot (White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce)
124 W Hanson
The Muskegon Union Depot (Muskegon County Convention & Visitors Bureau)
610 W Western Ave
The Weathervane Inn Welcomes You for a Luxurious Autumn Stay
An autumnal vacation calls for cozy and luxurious accommodations! As you make plans to see the glorious fall colors in upper Michigan this year, be sure choose The Weathervane Inn as your home away from home. Autumn is one of our favorite seasons here at The Weathervane Inn, and we’ve got everything you need for a warm and relaxing stay.
Ready to book? Our online reservations process is quick and easy. Select your dates, choose your guest count and desired room, then enter your personal information, and you’re all set!
Hope to see you soon.